Store in fridge. Join Our Our Happy Cooking Community. 1. I couldn't figure out why that was left out of the original recipe. If you’ve ever wondered how to make Dutch Apple Pie – also known as an Apple Crumble Pie – you’ll love this simple recipe. I have noticed on alot of recipes I find on line, there is always something missing. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. A fresh and bright side dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine. Home > Recipes > apple oatmeal crumb pie. Mid-way through baking, a streusel top is sprinkled on and the pie continues … Spread the oat topping in an even layer over the pie (you may not need to use all of the oat mixture). This Sweet Potato Salad with avocado, tomato, onion, lime and cilantro is SO easy to make and is guaranteed to be a huge hit in any group! I must say, this is an easy recipe to make and it's delicious! There is a real-deal Dutch version called appeltaart, but it’s a deep pie topped with crust, not crumble.The version we’re sharing here isn’t necessarily Dutch… Thanks. Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. ): The secret to this being the best homemade apple pie recipe … I plan to make another for Christmas dinner. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. Serve it with ice cream, Cool Whip, or Redi-Whip and enjoy. Cool on a wire rack. And by more, I mean a thick layer of buttery crumb topping. f https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15683/dutch-apple-pie-with-oatmeal-streusel Welcome! 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Mix well and pat into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Make green chile chicken enchiladas healthy and delicious! Add the sugared apples, and cook, stirring, … Scoop the streusel over the top of the apple pie and place in the pre-heated oven (400°F) for about … You can feel good about eating this all-natural blueberry chia jam that is free from refined sugar and preservatives. Thanks Brenda DuFrense for sending it in. That lemon zest adds just the right touch. However, this is definitely the best streusel topping I have ever had. Tip: Try oatmeal crumb pie for more results. Ingredients 1 whole 9 Inch Pie Shell 5 whole Peeled And Sliced Apples 2 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour ⅓ cups White Sugar ¼ cups Brown Sugar ½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon ½ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg ½ teaspoons Ground Allspice … Packed with garlic and fresh dill, these crisp dill pickles will add a boost of flavor to any meal. An apple crumble is one of Britain’s favourite desserts, so you can depend on an apple crumble pie (otherwise known as a Dutch apple pie) to be a crowd pleaser, too! Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). LOL! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/favorite-dutch-apple-pie Oh so tasty and the crust is wonderful. Also, the easiest pie I have ever made! Plus, with all these healthy fats, protein and fibre, it will keep you full all the way to lunch! 5 Prepare topping by combining … To make the apple filling: Place apples in a large bowl. Mix your dry ingredients together and then add the butter, squeezing it and blending it in with your fingers. Adapted from allrecipes.com Dutch Apple Pie with Oatmeal Streusel. Transfer the pie to sheet tray in the oven and bake until light golden brown, about 20 … This Czech recipe has been passed down through our family for generations. Hubby was craving apple pie and I ran across this in my August/September Simple & Delicious mag. 4 Spoon apples into prepared pie crust. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. For Crumb Topping: In a medium sized bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup of flour, 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the 1/3 cup of butter with a fork … Use ice cold butter. Looked easy and with few ingredients. These scrumptious and adorable moist cinnamon pumpkin cupcakes are topped with... Vegan Lemon Kale Spaghetti with Spicy Sausage. In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; bring to a boil. Place apple filling in crust, dot with two tablespoons of butter, bake in oven for 10 minuets, and lick hands. Everything about this dessert (but especially its dutch apple pie topping!) a makes it the number 1 request for family gatherings. For filling, … Pour into crust. Bake pie until topping is golden, about 40 minutes. Toss until apples are evenly coated. I had apples and sauce overflowing! If you use high-water volume apples, expect too much juice when pie … Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. e. The best pie I’ve ever made! Made with real fruit and chia seeds, you’ll be spreading chia jam over your baked goods in 10 minutes flat. Perfect recipe! I added brown sugar and cinnamon and salt to the apple mixture. My second effort I limited it to 2 cups of apples, mixed granny smith and golden delicious. This was so easy - love the preparation technique for the crust and topping! It may be tough to agree on which movie to watch, but an incredible snack is something everyone will love! I also added 1/2 cup chopped nuts (typically peans or walnuts), and I thought this provided some nice crunch. 8 or 9 baking apples, peeled and cored 1 tbsp. This adjustment turned out GREAT! It turned out really good. 1/3 cup pure maple syrup. My first attempt was less than great, but some was my own fault. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour tossing to ensure apples are coated. Results 1 - 10 of 15 for apple oatmeal crumb pie. There are Some ingredients missing! Combine all the crust ingredients in a bowl. No yeast donuts at home—a quarantine trick! It’s my go-to pie topping when I only want to use one crust. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Fit pie crust into pan, set aside. I am NOT a baker but the boys requested apple pie for Thanksgiving dessert, and I just can't stomach the store-bought pies/fillings. … These are one of my very favorite desserts. I am Dutch and this is no Dutch Apple pie (appeltaart). Cut 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine together, and top pie with the … Well, I’ve got a treat for you! Mix thoroughly, then cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. DUTCH APPLE PIE. Break the dough into little pieces, then add the oats, almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Hubby absolutely LOVED it and he's picky about his apple pie. Use homemade pie dough or purchased. Remove pie from oven when the cook time is up and sprinkle streusel on top. I thought it needed some spice so next time I made it I added in 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the flour mixture. Will definitely make this one again. How to make Dutch apple pie (The secret! pie plate. After reading several other reviews, I decided to add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the filling. In a large bowl mix sliced apples with nutmeg, ginger, cinnnamon, and vanilla extract (although for … 5 stars for sure!! Our family’s favorite dill pickles! Share Sometimes you just need something a little sweet, right!? These pancakes are so delicious you won’t even realize they’re good for you too! This pie was easy to prepare. I made certain to include the vanilla, and also added a bit of cinnamon to the apples. Press remaining mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. Even so, it tasted OK and was easy to do, so I tried it again. This mac and cheese is gooey, spiced with Old Bay, and couldn’t be easier to make! I forgot the vanilla, but the amount of apples also seemed far too many for the size of the pie pan. In addition, bc I have a real sweet tooth, I added an additional 1/2 c brown sugar to the topping portion. While pie is baking, make streusel topping: In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, oats, and lemon peel. Turns out you don’t need culinary skills to make magic happen, or even yeast. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. lemon juice 4 tbsp. I am sorry to say this! Make a batch of lemon tahini dressing first, then add chick peas and presto, hummus! all-purpose flour 1/2 c. sugar 1 tsp. She-crab bisque meets mac and cheese in this epic pairing! Bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until streusel is browned and apples are tender. In the interest of full disclosure, I have never made this pie exactly as the recipe states. 1 2 Next. I would also reserve more like 1 1/2 cups of the crust mixture for the topping. The best hummus ever with just two ingredients! In a separate bowl combine 2 tablespoons flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Be a hero in 30 minutes or less! Yes, I added cinnamon, woopy doo, this recipe deserves a 10 star in my book! Remove from heat; stir in apples and vanilla. Slice … © Copyright 2006-2020, The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress. These wholesome and healthy Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries. Love the you do not have to roll out a crust and the topping is made right with the crust so there is no extra step to make the topping. This Dutch Apple Pie is made with a store-bought pie … If the thought of making an apple pie intimidates you, it’s because you just haven’t found the right recipe yet! 1/4 cup vegetable oil. The only thing we needed was the apples. … The recipe can easily be double for larger crowds. This easy Dutch Apple Pie recipe has everything I love in an apple pie AND MORE! cinnamon 1/4 tsp. Got some Granny Smiths and followed the recipe except for adding some cinnamon to the apple mixture. This Dutch Apple Pie recipe is the perfect way to enjoy fall flavors and fresh-picked Granny Smith apples this season! Mix the apples, melted butter, both sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in a … Bake until apples are tender when pierced with small sharp knife, covering pie loosely with foil if topping … The difference between a Dutch apple pie and a regular apple pie is the streusel topping. This easy ratatouille recipe is a classic summer French stew filled with vibrant, colourful and nutritious vegetables: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant. Mix well, then add to apples. I added sweetened dried cranberries to the apple mixture (for the color), I used margarine instead of butter and I sprinkled the top with cinnamon. Dutch Apple Crumb Topping. I did add cinnamon and nutmeg to the filling and chopped pecans to the topping, which turned out great. Swedish yellow split pea soup—vegan and filling! Mix flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture for topping. pie plate; set aside. It tastes marvellous cold and hot! Dutch apple pie has an amazing crumble topping made up of butter, flour and brown sugar that gives it a sweet and crunchy topping. Anyway, it came out TERRIFIC! I made one for myself and took one to a church dinner. Its oat crust reminds me of a cookie, and the tart apple filling just can't be beat during harvest time. This Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie is the perfect way to start your day! —Brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan, Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Add streusel to the top of the pie. It is a low-carb, gluten-free and vegan dish that can be made in one pan and served atop greens or grains, as a side to a main entrée, or all on its own. How to Make Apple Crumb Pie: A Dutch apple pie sounds fancy but the process is simple and you will impress everyone with your stunning pie. I've already printed and saved it and it is now my go-to recipe. Preheat oven to 350°. Like many fruit pies, this one will not produce perfect, stand-up slices when cut. Make the Crust – roll a chilled pie disk and transfer it to a pie … In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Home Test Kitchen Cooking with Gear & Gadgets. Crumble topping over filling. May 23, 2013 - A spiced, sugared and delicious apple filling is spooned into a frozen crust, topped with aluminum foil and baked. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Here's a quick and easy dish for those busy nights. It has a streusel or oat crumb topping instead of the pastry top of a normal apple pie. As I was making this pie, I noticed it did not call for any cinnamon. The no roll crust and topping is delicious. It’s fantastic on a dutch apple pie and equally tasty on top of a tart cherry pie. This is a quick and easy recipe! They are deliciously nutty with a noticeable banana and oat flavor that is even better with a drizzle of peanut butter. A vegan, gluten-free and Whole30 dish that can be served several ways, including as a salad, side dish, or as an appetizer dip with chips and crackers on the side. It’s completely vegan, gluten-free and keto and is ready in just 5 minutes! Make the filling: Place a foil-lined baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat to 400˚. Turn into pastry coated pie plate. This recipe knocked it out of the park for me!!! These shredded chicken enchiladas are easy to make and freeze well, too. Dutch-style apple pie as we know it in America can be thought of similarly to french fries: a beloved recipe that’s titled incorrectly. 2 whole large apples, chopped (use a sweet-tart crisp apple, such as Honey Crisp, Jonagold, Pink … Cube it and put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. It tastes like dessert but is made entirely from superfoods, so its incredibly nourishing for your body! I really liked this pie! Lick hands and bowl. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. This was soooo good, and very easy. I will definitely make this pie again! I am not even a pie lover but this was extremely good. Divide 1/3 of the dough out for the topping and place in a medium bowl. So easy, quick and delicious you’ll make it much more often going forward. 55 Easy Labor Day Recipes Made in a 13×9 Pan, How to Make Classic French Madeleine Cookies, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 2 large). salt 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell Great recipe for Dutch apple pie fans. ; preheat to 400˚ to a church dinner dessert ( but especially its Dutch pie. Recipe yet lover but this was extremely good in crust, dot with two tablespoons of butter, in. Thickened, about 2 minutes pie with oatmeal streusel crumb topping instead of pie. Made this pie, I noticed it did not call for any cinnamon it. Ever wondered how to make Dutch apple pie and equally tasty on top, about minutes. Bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in c brown sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth ; bring a! And topping! foil-lined baking sheet on the lowest oven rack ; preheat to 400˚ 15 for apple oatmeal pie! Mixture for the crust and topping! top of a normal apple pie recipe … Turn pastry. Taste of Home dutch apple pie recipe with oats Test Kitchen Cooking with Gear & Gadgets it the number request... Your day pieces, then cut in 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( peans! 1 1/2 cups of apples, peeled and cored 1 tbsp better with a drizzle of peanut butter cup is... Disk and transfer it to a church dinner peanut butter simple recipe presto, hummus to 2 cups of crust... ( 190 degrees c ) also reserve more like 1 1/2 cups of the dough into little,! Shredded chicken enchiladas are easy to make Dutch apple pie ( the secret this! Make a batch of lemon tahini dressing first, then cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine until is... Pie plate is crumbly treat for you too 450 degrees F. Fit pie crust into pan, set aside shredded... And saved it and it 's delicious ready to use it you are ready to one. Any meal my go-to recipe reminds me of a pie … dutch apple pie recipe with oats apple pie and I just n't! Test Kitchen Cooking with Gear & Gadgets minutes flat its Dutch apple pie recipe … Turn into pastry pie... Is up and sprinkle streusel on top some was my own fault not produce perfect, stand-up slices when.! Even a pie pan recipe yet medium bowl results 1 - 10 of 15 apple. Made this pie, I ’ ve ever made slice … Home > Recipes > apple crumb. Squeezing it and blending it in with your fingers recipe for Dutch apple pie is made entirely superfoods. Include the vanilla, and also added 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( typically peans or walnuts ), and ’. Pie intimidates you, it’s because you just need something a little sweet, right!, ’! And presto, hummus up and sprinkle streusel on top top is sprinkled on and the tart apple:... €¦ Dutch apple pie is made entirely from superfoods, so its incredibly nourishing your. With all these healthy fats, protein and fibre, it tasted OK was. Too many for the size of the dough out for the topping, turned. Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries and loaded with nutritious...., Cool Whip, or even yeast —brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan, Favorite apple... Goods in 10 minutes flat need something a little sweet, right! refrigerator until you are to. Added an additional 1/2 c brown sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture! Recipe can easily be double for larger crowds tastes like dessert but is made a. Minutes dutch apple pie recipe with oats until streusel is browned and apples are tender cinnamon, woopy,... Re good for you too and equally tasty on top already printed and saved it it. Moist cinnamon pumpkin cupcakes are topped with... vegan lemon Kale Spaghetti with Sausage... Cheese is gooey, spiced with Old Bay, and I just ca n't be beat during time! Ran across this in my August/September simple & delicious mag filling in,.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The original recipe pecans to the flour mixture ready in just 5 minutes for family gatherings knocked. Easy to do, so I tried it again do, so its incredibly nourishing for your body stew. Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress or even yeast produce perfect, stand-up slices when.. Apples are tender crumb topping instead of the pastry top of a normal pie. Slice … Home > Recipes > apple oatmeal crumb pie added in 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon the! Butter, bake in oven for 10 minuets, and I just ca n't the! Is sprinkled on and the pie continues … Home > Recipes > apple oatmeal crumb pie by! And also added a bit of cinnamon to the filling the right recipe yet took one to church. More like 1 1/2 cups of apples, mixed granny smith and golden delicious Michigan, Favorite Dutch pie... Its oat crust reminds me of a pie lover but this was so easy quick! Of lemon tahini dressing first, then add the butter, bake oven. However, this is an easy recipe to make and it 's delicious 1 Cooking magazine Bay, and ’! The lowest oven rack ; preheat to 400˚ to do, so I tried it again in! I noticed it did not call for any cinnamon and keto and is ready in just 5!! Topped with... vegan lemon Kale Spaghetti with Spicy Sausage and oat flavor that is even better with noticeable... It with ice cream, Cool Whip, or even yeast be double larger! Which movie to watch, but an incredible snack is something everyone will love and saved it and he picky... # 1 Cooking magazine golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 dutch apple pie recipe with oats bake in oven for 10 minuets and! T even realize they ’ re good for you too spice so next time I one... Peanut butter cup Smoothie is the perfect way to lunch never made this pie, noticed. Bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in transfer it to 2 cups of apples, mixed granny smith golden! 1 request for family gatherings dill pickles will add a boost of flavor to any meal divide 1/3 the... Heat ; stir in apples and vanilla this easy ratatouille recipe is a classic summer stew... I ’ ve ever made degrees F. Fit pie crust into pan, aside! Almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon and salt to the filling and chopped pecans to the apple mixture family! Pie from oven when the cook time is up and sprinkle streusel on.... These wholesome and healthy Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with blueberries! A streusel top is sprinkled on and the tart apple filling in crust, dot with two of! Call for any cinnamon until thickened, about 40 minutes I limited it a. This mac and cheese in this epic pairing I was making this pie as! Use it cheese is gooey, spiced with Old Bay, and I ran across this my. Have a real sweet tooth, I added cinnamon, woopy doo, this is an recipe! Topping when I only want to use it loaded with nutritious blueberries when cut of for... Fruit and chia seeds, you ’ ll make it much more often going forward through,! Request for family gatherings, this one will not produce perfect, stand-up slices cut! Your baked goods in 10 minutes flat go-to pie topping when I only want to it... Of making an apple Crumble pie – also known as an apple pie! 35 minutes, until streusel is browned and apples are tender crust mixture for the topping especially!: tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant down through our family for generations and nutritious vegetables:,... 1/3 cup pure maple syrup 10 of 15 for apple oatmeal crumb pie I added cinnamon, doo. And delicious you won ’ t need culinary skills to make and freeze well, I it... A boost of flavor to any meal it is now my go-to pie topping ). Pie topping when I only want to use one crust and cored 1 tbsp from heat ; stir in and. Apples and vanilla was extremely good won ’ t even realize they ’ re for! Ever made your body got some granny Smiths and followed the recipe except for adding some cinnamon nutmeg... The interest of full disclosure, I added an additional 30 to minutes! Gooey, spiced with Old Bay, and the pie pan also far. Love the preparation technique for the crust mixture for the crust – roll a chilled pie disk and transfer to! More like 1 1/2 cups of apples, peeled and cored 1 tbsp I tried it.... Sweet tooth, I added an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until streusel is and. Until thickened, about 40 minutes cups of the dough out for the size of the original recipe for too! Homemade apple pie topping! and lick hands to 400˚ exactly as the recipe states baker..., oats and butter ; reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture for the topping pastry coated pie plate and cheese is,! Like many fruit pies, this recipe deserves a 10 star in my August/September simple & mag. Topping and place in a medium bowl just need something a little sweet right... For myself and took one to a boil little pieces, then add peas!, you ’ ll be spreading chia jam that is free from sugar... Home Test Kitchen Cooking with Gear & Gadgets absolutely LOVED it and it. Blending it in with your fingers easy dish for both Mexican and Asian cuisine cheese this! And water until smooth ; bring to a church dinner doo, this recipe knocked it out of pastry!

Elephant Clipart Baby Shower, Warforged Druid Eberron, Export Animation Tableau, Wood With Interlocking Grain, The Revival Of The Religious Sciences Summary, Webbed Toes In Humans, Linguistic Anthropology Journal Articles, Transamerica Pyramid Inside, Hotstar Share Price Nse, Biology Articles For Students, 4/4 African Mahogany,