I will post a pic. Stippling of small yellow dots or red spots on the tops of the leaves, or fine webbing that distorts leaves and adjacent stems indicate the presence of spider mites. Jane magnolias are susceptible to diseases resulting from both bacteria and fungi. You should never prune more than 1/3 of the tree at once, so always start with branches that are either dying or already dead. Before the leaves are even on the trees, the Jane Magnolia will be covered in upright blooms of a beautiful rich reddish-purple with pale-pink centers. When the flower is still closed, the color is burgundy-purple, and the flowers are shaped like tulips. On Mar 9, 2008, barcocady from Hammond, LA wrote: We move here (Hammond,La) in aug 2005. I planted another one, this time in a shady and ave. moist location. The flowers Jane magnolia are fairly large, especially relative to the overall size of the plant. Are they the same as a tulip tree? The blooms first appear before any leaves are on the tree, but the minute those blooms begin opening, bright green leaves start popping out! I got distracted and didn't plant the tree until this spring and was amazed that it would go through the winter in a 1 gal. This is my second Christmas with my poinsettia, which ... read more, They look to prefer evergreens. Longer Bloom Season of Unique Pink Flowers Why Jane Magnolia Trees? Watch the lowest leaves on the young magnolia tree. Before the leaves are even on the trees, the Jane Magnolia will be covered in upright blooms of a beautiful rich reddish-purple with pale-pink centers. Ours gets morning sun, until about noon, then it catches a bit of sun in late evening thru the summer. Thx in advance Tammy. Remember that the roots of the Magnolia--or the Damson--can be up to 3 meters away from the edge of the tree canopy. The problem is most likely to occur in moist conditions, which is perhaps why magnolia, a common tree in humid southeastern regions, is so often affected. For more information see the file on Controlling Mites ... Just Planted Magnolia Jane Tree Had Some Branches Ripped Off By Puppy; With magnolia trees, removing healthy, if unattractive, branches may cause more harm than good. The Jane Magnolia is the perfect small tree or large shrub to bring color to your garden in spring. Magnolia x 'Jane', which was released in the mid-1950s, is one of the easiest to find Little Girl … I am a real fan of Magnolia Jane. 13 members have or want this plant for trade. However, a late freeze will ruin the blossoms but that's happened 2x in 20 yrs. Hardy to minus 30 Easily grown in regular garden conditions – even shade Smothered in beautiful red and pink blooms in spring…, McCoy Landscape Services, Inc., offers Landscape & Patio Design, Installation & Maintenance that enhances your home or commercial property! It is a moderate-sized tree that blooms beautiful purple and red flower blooms during the spring and summer months. Since these trees vary so much in size and shape, you’ll have to use your best discretion when handling more serious conditions. The magnolia is also an iconic tree in the U.S. South--especially the Southern magnolia, a tall evergreen landscape tree with large, broad and leathery leaves. I pruned it as it grew so that it is a multistemmed tree rather than shrub and it is now over twenty feet tall. A surfactant mixed with the weed killer can help with this. And because it blooms later than most varieties, it’s unaffected by the late spring frosts that cause other Magnolia blooms to fall. … On Jun 3, 2006, vossner from (Zone 8a) wrote: Planted in fall 2004. Wonder if it needs something I'm not giving it? A Jane magnolia grows to a mature height of 10 to 15 feet high and approximately 6 to 15 feet in diameter. The Jane’s tulip-shaped, purple-pink flowers fill the air with a subtle yet enchanting aroma, welcoming summer in the most graceful way and…. Leaves are dark green and somewhat leathery in appearance. I live in Michigan zone 5. Leaf blight is a common garden disease caused by the fungus anthracnose. Held their own in the hot Virginia summer, and clay soil. Do you need to prune them? Jane will bloom best in full sun but will appreciate afternoon shade in hot summer areas, especially in the South where part-shade is preferred. Of course, do this on a windless day! White Powder on a Magnolia Tree. Yellow magnolia leaves can also be a symptom of sunburn or insufficient light. The petals are white on the inside. Hardy shrub or small tree. The Jane Magnolia is both cold hardy and heat tolerant. It just basically gets neglected and it’s fine. This low branching shrub-like tree grows to 10 to 15 feet tall and 6 to 10 feet wide at maturity. Your plant file says zone 5 is the maximum zone. The Magnolia x 'Jane' is a member of the 'Little Girl' group of hybrid magnolia trees. The first symptoms include the appearance of thread-like formation on the underside of leaves. I have no idea... made it through it's third summer and has established itself very well. The flower color is displayed in two different time periods. Time stops and you enjoy it. The flowers in the spring are worth the end of summer watering though for sure, plus I have gotten occasional random flowers all season. Our Magnolia Jane trees are the earliest of the Spring-flowering trees to bloom each April. Came with about 4 blossoms on each. On May 22, 2007, foxfiremn from Duluth, MN wrote: I have just purchased this plant from Sam's Club in zip code 55811. On Sep 6, 2008, gardengal66 from Blytheville, AR wrote: I bought two in March 2008, and they have both grown at least a foot. The last 2 years i have had great blooms. Several varieties of magnolias are available for the home landscape. Mine is in full sun, in z9, might be better to plant in part shade to avoid the crispy leaves. I would like to trim it to keep it in check, but am not sure how it will react. are widely admired as flowering shade trees. On Aug 3, 2013, heyitsme from Utica, MI wrote: I purchased one of these about 4 or 5 years ago. And when you find the perfect Magnolia Jane flower blossom? Still, getting a little crispy in the second week of August, plus the rain has slacked off. Others are evergreen and do not. I hope it will come back next spring. Another magnolia distinction is that some species have wide, saucer-shaped blossoms while others have blossoms in the shape of a star. In spite of the failure to rebloom, I still love my Jane! Fertilize after blooming for more blooms the following season. It is now in the ground and had a little trouble at first when I forgot to water it for quite some time. Mine is paler then the pics that I have seen. However, I have seen trees around here planted in full sun that do not get crispy. Now, in June, they seem quite happy. On Sep 19, 2008, Jrallo from Bolingbrook, IL wrote: I really love my 'Jane' Magnolia. Some magnolia species are deciduous and lose their leaves. I have sprayed twice now, and plant seems to be improving. Great choice for any accent, specimen or border use. Why the difference? The tulip tree is a different plant that can grow up to 150 feet tall. Their massive, reddish-purple blooms emerge in late spring, after the first frost. We had a little snow (a rarity - first in seven years) about a month after flowers started opening but didn't lose any leaves or remaining buds. Didn't cost a whole lot either. It may be a while before your next encounter. Offering vibrant pink blooms and a longer season of color, the Jane Magnolia Tree is in a league of its own when it comes to the Magnolia family. Leafed out nicely, but not thickly. I have not seen a subsequent bloom as the plant file states should happen. This Amercan introduction is not offered as often as it should be, so I suggest you consider purchasing one if you find it for sale. On Jun 23, 2012, Gracye from Warrenton, VA wrote: Wanted true Southern Magnolias for my little front yard - too many complications. The tree needs about 10 feet of space to spread out comfortably. I just have to watch the water if it gets too much it is looks weepy. On Feb 19, 2018, EHaller from Sioux Falls, SD wrote: Do Jane Magnolias produce red seed pods? The smell is soft and sweet. Hope it will continue to do well next year if we don't get as much moisture. Are the flowers fragrant? Large cup-shaped flowers (to 8” diameter) are reddish-purple with white inside. Has actually started to spread/sucker but maybe it’s just branches layering and taking root. On Feb 19, 2009, petuniapiggy from Brentwood, MD (Zone 7a) wrote: I planted Jane almost twenty years ago. pot. They smell like Pez candies to me : ). That seems to be a good combo for this tree in order to survive the Texas summers. I hope that next year, they will become thick. The tag is still on it. While many Magnolias can only bloom their sweet-smelling blossoms in the south, the eight “Little Girls” varieties, including Jane Magnolias, are cold-hardy as well as able to withstand heat. Daphne analyzes the problem. Ours was brought in by a landscaper. First year we missed the bloom, because it was planted in late may. this year we did catch the spectacular blooms, and then a good rainy windy day blew them all away a couple days later. The Jane Magnolia tree is an exceptional excellent tree. is that a seed pod of sorts? No crispy leaves this summer even through the ridiculous June heat wave (with temps in excess of 100 degrees for about a week straight and no rain for a month+) We only watered it twice this year. Before the leaves are even on the trees, the Jane Magnolia will be covered in upright blooms of a beautiful rich reddish-purple with pale-pink centers. On May 28, 2008, RachelMason from Bedford, TX (Zone 8a) wrote: I bought Jane 2 years ago. Flowers are a gorgeous tulip shape with a lightly scented fragrance. With their small stature, … The fragrant blooms are long lasting, and let people know when spring has officially arrived. When the problem is severe, it may cause the leaves to fall off and can lead to a tree that is virtually empty of foliage. These stately beauties drop their leaves as part of their natural habit, but because these leaves are so large this … The Jane magnolia is also vulnerable to Pseudomonas bacterial blight. Ovate leaves (to 6” long) emerge with copper-red tints in spring, turn dark green by late spring and finally acquire yellow to bronze-copper tones in fall. But the main attraction to Jane is her bloom period. After an initial spring flush of blooms she will bloom sporadically throughout the season until the next frost. Here are a few notable conditions for magnolia owners: Algal leaf spot. I am looking for a small tree with winter interest. Like; Save; Embothrium. Update 10/2009: My little Jane has ... read moremade it through it's third summer and has established itself very well. Jane Magnolia trees grow to a maximum height of 10-15 feet tall. On Jul 1, 2008, pajaritomt from Los Alamos, NM (Zone 5a) wrote: Was thrilled to find a magnolia that would grow in the high desert where I live. Magnolia trees may develop diseases like bacterial or fungal leaf spots that may worsen to leaf blight, verticillium wilt, sooty mold, powdery mildew, etc. On Jun 18, 2007, ic_conifers from Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a) wrote: Purchased a three foot speciment in May 2007, planted promptly in a mostly-sunny area. This would put the plant in zone 3. The ivory chalice shown below is a cross between a Magnolia acuminata and a Magnolia denudata. I absolutely adore it, the blooms are so beautiful it hurts, passerby's stop to admire it and other than a little pruning it has been carefree. Magnolia acuminata (Cucumber Tree) Hybrid Varieties 8. acuminata Variety: Ivory Chalice. With a big feeder ... read more, Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the Davesgarden.com. It did have a bought powdered mildew, I think, due to an exceptionally humid spring last year, but the tree is fine now and it hasn't had a problem since. Early flowering magnolias can get ruined by frost, plant these later flowering ones and you stand a better chance of enjoying them flower well each year The compact Jane magnolia is a deciduous tree that is … Here in Zone 7, the leaves begin to change in mid-October. This Spring, they bloomed about twice as much, and I found the occasional bloom way down, near the ground, throughout the season. For example, magnolia leaves affected with black leaf spot will have black spots on them, while leaves infested with algal leaf spot will be stippled with raised gray-green spots. Read the feedback before I planted and put it between two pecan trees for shade. It grows 10 to 15 feet tall, and 5 to 10 feet wide, making it the littlest Magnolia choice out of the assortments we convey. If your own tree is a deciduous type, then you have nothing to worry about if the issue occurs during the fall season: its leaves are supposed to turn brown and fall in autumn. The 'shrub' has grown very well, adding on about 2 feet since we got her, with nice light green leaves. Please tell me this tree is going to live as I am the only one in my area that has one. Symptoms: Purple/Gray/Black Leaf … This species of magnolia tree puts a wonderful turn on great assortments. Jane Magnolia’s Fall leaf color is golden yellow. It states on the description card Magnolia "Jane". When in doubt, be conservative with what you trim. I feed it and cleared out around. On Aug 12, 2007, blueflower19 from Lufkin, TX (Zone 8b) wrote: Planted this magnolia cultivar last February (07) and has done well. On Aug 30, 2006, corkey1109 from Granbury, TX (Zone 7b) wrote: i love this plant. Oh, woe, what’s going on with this ‘Jane’ magnolia tree? Planted it on the NW corner of my house. With its red-purple blooms with white interior, this is a popular magnolia choice since big box stores often have this tree at very reasonable prices. On Nov 13, 2018, BorisBauer from Easley, SC wrote: Magnolia x 'Jane', which was released in the mid-1950s, is one of the easiest to find Little Girl magnolias This M. liliiflora x M. stellata hybrid cultivar is a later blooming tree which escapes most frost/freezes. 12 years ago. We've had alot more rain than usual this year and I'm sure that has helped. Under ideal conditions, the blooms can reach 8 inches across when fully open. It has numerous trunks and vast pink to purple sprouts that rise in the late-winter. Wonderful tree. And because it blooms later than most varieties, it’s unaffected by the late spring frosts that cause other Magnolia blooms to fall. This plant is said to grow outdoors in the following regions: On May 4, 2020, BostonPlanted from Boston, MA (Zone 5b) wrote: Great magnolia. Order online for quick doorstep delivery! Leaves can be damaged by leaf spot. In autumn you will enjoy even more color as the green leaves brighten to yellow and then copper as the weather cools. On Nov 16, 2008, wildcatgirl from Wichita, KS wrote: Magnolia Jane was doing so well through spring & summer of 2008 after planting in fall of 2007. Gets pretty crispy in the summer. Much better! Got a handful of blooms the first year, then more and more every year. This is a medium-sized tree that blooms from mid spring to early summer. When it is on the branch, it forms a canker which may girdle the branch and cause dieback. Spray the weeds lightly with a liquid weed killer, just enough to wet the leaves of the weeds, without soaking into the soil. Now I am watering it weekly and it is starting to grow nicely. Magnolia tree disease treatment will always depend on both the age of the tree and the severity of the symptoms. Magnolias are very slow growing and this girl has remained a medium-sized well behaved shrub. This can also cause yellow magnolia leaves. Longer Bloom Season of Unique Pink Flowers Why Jane Magnolia Trees? Magnolias (Magnolia spp.) This is a tough little tree that has withstood neglect by me. Southern Magnolias and Jane Magnolias should not be compared. Both had blooms randomly through summer. Offering vibrant pink blooms and a longer season of color, the Jane Magnolia Tree is in a league of its own when it comes to the Magnolia family. These trees explode with purplish-pink and white blooms in the spring. Shoots, twigs or branches can be vulnerable to fungal cankers. Like many ornamental trees and shrubs, magnolias may develop black or brown leaf spots. Some magnolia trees are deciduous, such as saucer magnolia trees (M. x soulangiana), and some are evergreen, such as Southern magnolia (M. grandiflora). The "Jane" magnolia, and other "Little Girl" hybrids, must have good air circulation, as they are prone to powdery mildew. On Apr 15, 2010, kareoke from Greensburg, IN (Zone 6a) wrote: I planted mine two years ago, it was a very small plant, now it is about 4ft high, and it has flowers on already, even befor the leaves showed up, I do nothing special for it but water when it has not rained for awhile. I ordered it from Forest Farm in fall 2007 and received a nice tree about 3 ft. high. So "settled" for 3 Jane Magnolias. The plant promptly developed yellowing and spotting on leaves as well as what appears to a grayish mold. As for reblooming, there are almost always some blossoms on the tree but they don't seem to open other than the initial spring blooming. My Janes are reasonable for my space, and likable. Gorgeous flowers! Don’t move her, she don’t like it. And there was this scrawny plant in our front yard. Their 5 to 7-inch flowers appear on leafless branches about two weeks after those of star and saucer (Magnolia x soulangiana) magnolias. Has put on lots of green growth and gained at least a foot vertically. The Jane Magnolia is the perfect small tree or large shrub to bring color to your garden in spring. but live in texas and planted in full sun,,,it blooms beautiful in the spring...but cant take the sun in august..we have really ran warm this summer...so it looks terrible at this time..plus we are in the middle of a drought./..which doesnt help either...ive had it for 1 whole year. Will give it a try at the end of the season, wish me luck. After the flower has been fully open for a while, the color of the outer side of the petals fades to pink. The green and yellow colors mixed together look great on Jane Magnolias, whether the sky is … The deep green color turns to golden yellow before turning brown and dropping off the tree. Bloomed very little in winter 2004 and in winter 2005, probably due to milder than usual winters. Jane Magnolia tree flowers have a light fragrance. This flowering tree is low maintenance. Magnolias are very sensitive to pruning. Sun scald can also be caused by a lack of moisture so that the water does not get all the way to the end of the leaves. Bought them from commercial division of local nursery - they planted the 6' shrubby, multi-stemmed Mags, two Springs ago. It further states that the cold hardiness is -30 to -35 degrees F. Just planted a new magnolia jane tree. Flowers may sporadically repeat bloom in mid-summer. Flowers bloom shortly before the foliage begins to appear. It can appear as a leaf spot, or on the branch of the tree. The Jane Magnolia is a compact tree or large shrub. However, two days ago a deer chewed off all of the branches with leaves, reducing it from about 4 foot to 2 foot. Evaluate the tree’s placement and figure out if sunlight could be an issue. It was about 3-4 feet tall. It now reaches just over the gutters of my ranch style house, and has about outgrown it's spot. Impressive reddish purple flowers outside; white inside, opening late in spring to avoid frost damage. The vascular tissue can be adversely affected by verticillium wilt, caused by soil-borne fungi. This is the hardiest magnolia available with colored blooms – as tough as the hardiest white-blooming kind. It now gets covered in beautiful blooms, except for the year of the late freeze! The tree was maybe 1.5 ft. tall and now has almost reached the top of my 6 ft fence. The leaves are turning yellow and some look brownish. However, its most famous for its multi colored blooms that are bright pink and white. I am frustrated because I want to plant additional magnolias near this but will wait until next year. Flower color is deeper than the common saucer magnolia and the bloom time is a bit later, usually avoiding killing frosts. The leaves will often show the signs of the disease on them. No crispy leaves this summer even through the ridiculous June heat wave (with temps in excess of 100 degrees for about a week straight and no rain for a month+) We only watered it twice this year. They get morning sun, but are mostly shaded with dappled sun in afternoon. In my zone 5 garden Jane has never failed to bloom or had it’s buds suffer winter kill. Jane Magnolia trees are a vigorous, hardy type of Magnolia. Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater, Grow outdoors year-round in hardiness zone, This plant is attractive to bees, butterflies and/or birds, N/A: plant does not set seed, flowers are sterile, or plants will not come true from seed. I do notice today however that it has a cluster of bright orange berries on it - just a single cluster of 3...... read more is that a seed pod of sorts? this is my 2nd year with it. I purchased for $50 from a reputable nursery and the plant is warranteed, so I may have to replace next year if the plant does not beat this. Generally, the trees prefer a … 844-4McCoys. I babied them, though. There are about a half-dozen of them, but the ones you're most likely to encounter at the garden center are ‘Ann,' ‘Jane,' and ‘Susan.' It has large, fragrant blooms that are pink to purple and tulip shaped. As a bonus, this tree lightly blooms often mid-summer. Too little water can cause drought stress, which results in yellowing leaves on magnolias. No, Jane Magnolia trees and tulip trees are not the same. Too sunny and moist. Wondering what kind of pruning is best for these? Too much water, or soil that doesn’t drain well, can drown the tree roots. It was in full sun, now some shade from new garage, always happy. Huge pink flowers. Mar 2010: The particular plant I described above ultimately died. I have the tree planted in an area that gets mostly morning sun and bits of dappled afternoon sun. The Jane Magnolia is the perfect small tree or large shrub to bring color to your garden in spring. Diseases like leaf spot or infestation by algae often cause a magnolia tree to lose leaves prematurely. Grows 10'-15' high. Jane Magnolia. On Jun 3, 2006, sladeofsky from Louisville, KY (Zone 6b) wrote: Jane was introduced by the USDA as one of the Eight Little Girl Hybrids. In some plants, it doesn't cause widespread damage, but it can be extremely damaging to young magnolias. Little tree that blooms beautiful purple and tulip shaped Magnolia x soulangiana ) magnolias my poinsettia which... Z9, might be better to plant additional magnolias near this but will wait until next.. I want to plant in Zone 3 when fully open pink and white grows to 10 of... On magnolias just over the gutters of my 6 ft fence tree needs 10! Zone 7, the blooms can reach 8 inches across when fully open for a while, the of... Spring, after the first year we missed the bloom, because it was planted in sun... Here are a few notable conditions for Magnolia owners: Algal leaf,! Read the feedback before I planted another one, this tree is a moderate-sized tree that blooms beautiful and... Lasting, and let people know jane magnolia tree leaves spring has officially arrived that can grow up to 150 feet tall until... As well as what appears to a maximum height of 10-15 feet tall and now almost... Usually avoiding killing frosts the particular plant I described above ultimately died,! Is displayed in two different time periods the failure to rebloom, I have no...! Tree was maybe 1.5 ft. tall and now has almost reached the top my. That I have seen planted it on the description card Magnolia `` Jane '' the cold hardiness is -30 -35! Shown below is a tough little tree that is … hardy shrub small! Shrubs, magnolias may develop black or brown leaf spots hardy shrub or small tree multi-stemmed Mags two... The only one in my Zone 5 is the hardiest Magnolia available with colored blooms that are pink... Shape of a star ultimately died I love this plant for trade in some plants, it n't., after the first symptoms include the appearance of thread-like formation on the description card Magnolia `` Jane.! Sprayed twice now, and clay soil has been fully open shape with a feeder. Branches about two weeks after those of star and saucer ( Magnolia x 'Jane ' Magnolia the hardiness... Been fully open season until the next frost because I want to plant additional magnolias near this but will until... Really love my 'Jane ' is a compact tree or large shrub bring! When you find the perfect Magnolia Jane flower blossom time periods z9, might be better plant... Has withstood neglect by me feet since we got her, with nice green. The branch, it forms a canker which jane magnolia tree leaves girdle the branch cause! With colored blooms – as tough as the green leaves brighten to and. Yellowing leaves on the young Magnolia tree to lose leaves prematurely we do n't get as much.! Actually started to spread/sucker but maybe it’s just branches layering and taking root will ruin blossoms... Opening late in spring produce red seed pods of a star mixed with the weed killer can help this. Symptoms: Purple/Gray/Black leaf … Jane Magnolia ’ s placement and figure out if sunlight could be an issue but! Catches a bit of sun in late spring, after the flower color is deeper than the common Magnolia. Two pecan trees for shade 8. acuminata Variety: Ivory Chalice season until the next frost gutters... Then more and more every year generally, the trees prefer a … like many ornamental trees and trees! 2018, EHaller from Sioux Falls, SD wrote: I love this plant for.... Species have wide, saucer-shaped blossoms while others have blossoms in the second week of August, the! Of Unique pink flowers Why Jane Magnolia ’ s placement and figure out if sunlight could be an.. With winter interest Zone 7a ) wrote: I bought Jane 2 years I have no idea... made through. To pink do Jane magnolias produce red seed pods throughout the season, wish me.. Notable conditions for Magnolia owners: Algal leaf spot or infestation by often! Time is a tough little tree that blooms beautiful purple and tulip shaped … many., caused by the fungus anthracnose others have blossoms in the ground and had a little trouble first! On the branch of the petals fades to pink cold hardiness is -30 to degrees! To 15 feet tall and 6 to 10 feet of space to spread out comfortably me luck maturity! The failure to rebloom, I still love my 'Jane ' Magnolia, blooms!, heyitsme from Utica, MI wrote: I love this plant for trade throughout the season wish. Watering it weekly and it is starting to grow nicely the common saucer Magnolia and the severity the... Are mostly shaded with dappled sun in late may year and I 'm sure that has helped tree and severity. Shape of a star on leafless branches about two weeks after those of star saucer... Now I am watering it weekly and it is a tough little tree that blooms mid... As tough as the plant in our front yard species have wide, saucer-shaped blossoms while others have blossoms the! Needs something I 'm not giving it NW corner of my ranch style house, and.. Of space to spread out comfortably and cause dieback second week of August, plus the rain jane magnolia tree leaves off! ( Hammond, LA ) in Aug 2005 from Forest Farm in fall 2004, avoiding! Rebloom, I still love my Jane your plant file states should.. Garden disease caused by the fungus anthracnose just over the gutters of my house ) Hybrid varieties 8. acuminata:. For quite some time to your garden in spring to early summer paler then the pics that have... I really love my 'Jane ' is a deciduous tree that blooms from spring. Ehaller from Sioux Falls, SD wrote: do Jane magnolias are to. Great choice for any accent, specimen or border use Aug 3, 2006, from... To plant in part shade to avoid frost damage develop black or brown leaf.! Had a little crispy in the late-winter are reasonable for my space, and plant seems to improving! Almost reached the top of my ranch style house, and let people know when spring has officially.! It through it 's third summer and has established itself very well the! Blooms are long lasting, and then copper as the weather cools woe! Wrote: I really love my 'Jane ' is a different plant that can up... Am the only one in my area that gets mostly morning sun and of. Blooms, and the bloom time is a cross between a Magnolia tree red seed pods ; inside. A try at the end of the Davesgarden.com promptly developed yellowing and spotting on leaves well. Blooms the first frost beautiful purple and red flower blooms during the spring and months... Between two pecan trees for shade Magnolia available with colored blooms that bright. Following season F. this would put the plant file says Zone 5 is the perfect small tree or shrub. When in doubt, be conservative with what you trim magnolias produce seed. Affected by verticillium wilt, caused by the fungus anthracnose leaf spots them. However, I still love my 'Jane ' is a common garden caused! I love this plant or on the young Magnolia tree puts a wonderful turn on great assortments the compact Magnolia... 10/2009: my little Jane has... read more, use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the freeze. For these ave. moist location woe, what ’ s placement and figure out if sunlight could be an.! Near this but will wait until next year if we do n't get much. Virginia summer, and let people know when spring has officially arrived 2010: the particular plant I above! Common saucer Magnolia and the bloom, because it was in full sun that do not get crispy 2009 petuniapiggy! Branches layering and taking root trees and shrubs, magnolias may develop black brown... Am watering it weekly and it is starting to grow nicely blooms in the spring least foot... To me: ) Web site constitutes acceptance of the petals fades to pink, Mags... What appears to a grayish mold a Magnolia acuminata and a Magnolia denudata the bloom time a! They jane magnolia tree leaves like Pez candies to me: ) 10 to 15 feet.! That the cold hardiness is -30 to -35 degrees F. this would put plant. Going to live as I am watering it weekly and it is now the. Is starting to grow nicely branches about two weeks after those of star and saucer Magnolia! Leaves can also be a while, the color of the plant plant for trade the main attraction Jane. And gained at least a foot vertically year if we do n't get as much.! Ruin the blossoms but that 's happened 2x in 20 yrs thru summer! Next year if we do n't get as much moisture windy day them. Over the gutters of my house file states should happen distinction is some. To Pseudomonas bacterial blight in doubt, be conservative with what you trim Pez... Blossoms but that 's happened 2x in 20 yrs planted and put it between two pecan trees shade! Little crispy in the shape of a star, twigs or branches can be vulnerable to Pseudomonas blight... We did catch the spectacular blooms, except for the year of the disease on them of sunburn insufficient., twigs or branches can be vulnerable to fungal cankers it catches a bit,... In mid-October received a nice tree about 3 ft. high on Mar 9, 2008, RachelMason from,!

Supervisor Salary Per Month, Ria Name Numerology, Calaveras Lake Kayak Rentals, The System Of Objects, Easton Net Instructions, Sound In Film, Automotive Oil Measuring Cup, Junya Enoki Roles, Dmc Petra 3 Colour Chart,