No. Be sure to beat the egg whites well to give your batter a light fluffy texture. Peel and mash the sweet potatoes. I don’t know if you can tell or not, but I recently purchased a waffle maker, and have been testing . Preheat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. These well-seasoned baked potatoes are an enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes. https://tasty.co/recipe/thanksgiving-leftover-sweet-potato-waffles Start by making simple mashed potatoes and make them your own by adding bacon, chives, or cheese. Read more. These are my favourite things to make after Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time I have an abundance of leftover mashed potatoes. Make These Parm-Crusted Waffles With Leftover Mashed Potatoes . Ahhhh Mashed Potato Waffles…These might just be the most glorious use of leftover mashed potatoes known to mankind! Source Image: www.justataste.com. Mashed potato waffles sounded like a fabulous idea (thanks to Joy the Baker), so I simplified her method and tweaked the ingredients a bit to fit our family’s tastes. Half Baked Harvest. Easy to make, too. Optionally read our waffle making tips before checking out Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Mini Waffles – DASH Mini Waffle Iron. Grease waffle iron with cooking oil spray and bring to high heat (I used the highest heat level setting on mine). They also are great for post-Thanksgiving brunch. I make extra just so I can make them. Make them a meal by adding some Bacon and Cheddar Cheese. After a few minutes on the waffle … They get incredibly crispy on the outside, while being soft and creamy inside from the potatoes, cheese and sour cream. Sweet Potato Pie Dutch Baby from Half Baked Harvest. Alright, back to the mashed potato waffles themselves. Serves: 4-5-Recipe in collaboration with celebrity chef Richard Blais- This is my anytime go-to waffle! I feel like the term leftovers is just sad. See our reviews on the waffle makers. 1. Follow. Leftovers are repurposed to create and test new recipes. https://www.forkly.com/recipes/leftover-cheesy-mashed-potato-waffles Share. Mashed Potato and Stuffing Waffles are a delicious, savory way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers! Tell me in the comments what you’re going to embellish your mashed potato waffles with! Mashed potato waffles are a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes (just thin them out with water before using them) and they cook up quickly. Potato Waffles make an excellent side dish. Waffles are delicious, nutritious and easy to make. https://www.southernliving.com/.../what-to-do-with-leftover-sweet-potato "Elegant and sophisticated. To make the mashed sweet potato, wrap sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and roast in a 425°F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Drop the batter on your waffle iron and cook the waffles until they're crisp and golden brown. Apr 13, 2019 - Mashed potato waffles are a delicious and easy way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Add 1/2 cup mashed potato batter to the center of the waffle iron and close iron. These waffles are crunchy and cheesy and will definitely make your day instantly better! https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Leftover-Sweet-Potato-Casserole No surprise, the toppings are my favorite part! I like to add stuff both inside and outside my waffles. https://www.sunset.com/recipe/cheesy-leftover-mashed-potato-waffles Visit this site for details: www.justataste.com. 19. If I am out of leftover pie, sweet potato waffles can satisfy my sweet tooth. Leftover surprise. … Cook until waffles are golden brown and slightly crispy. 6. Check out the recipes below and give new life to your leftovers. Loved them!" I Heart Leftovers. Ingredients. "I made these exactly as directed using Swiss Gruyere cheese," reviewer Kim's Cooking Now says. Just, please no. Print Pin. Using leftover mashed potatoes in another potato dish makes a whole lot of sense to us, too. This allows more of the starches in the sweet potato to transform into complex sugars, making the sweet potato flesh both sweeter and softer. How Sweet Eats. By attosa [1,229 Posts, 5,321 Comments] Page Mashed Potato Waffles. I originally found the recipe when I was searching for ways to use leftover mashed potatoes. Leftover Sweet Potato Waffles. https://www.howsweeteats.com/.../bacon-blue-cheese-mashed-potato-waffles I'd gladly serve these at a fancy dinner party. Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles. by Liren Baker on November 23, 2018 | 2 Comments. Speaking of eggs, mashed potatoes can make a great omelet filling or serve as the base of a bubble and squeak — a British morning staple often made with leftover boiled potatoes and roasted vegetables — to go with your brunch. Leftover Sweet Potatoes: Buttermilk Sweet Potato Pancakes. They seem to take a bit longer to cook than some other waffles, but it is well worth it.When I told my boyfriend that I was making potato waffles, he declined. Author Tempie. I had some Grana Padano cheese hanging out in my fridge, so that’s what I used for my Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles, but you could substitute your favorite parmesan cheese. Email. The test kitchen prepares for Thanksgiving throughout the months of May and June. Do you need a waffle maker? 2. Gluten Free Mashed Potato Waffles. Add bacon bits or chives to the batter if you like, or just sprinkle them on top. Pin. Home Recipes Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles with Bacon Glaze. Mashed Potato and Stuffing Waffles. The recipe ratio is 1.5 cups cold mashed potatoes to 1 large egg. It works for brunch, dinner or even dessert! I made them without bacon or onions, and with a tsp of vanilla. Turn off the oven and allow the sweet potatoes to cool in the oven for 2 hours. Trust me! Repeat with remaining batter. Tender, airy mashed potato waffles are as simple to make as combining shallots, butter, a couple of eggs, and a bit of flour to leftover mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. 2 cups mashed sweet potato or leftover sweet potato casserole, topping scraped off 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1 tbsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 6 egg whites or 3 whole eggs Optional toppings: butter, syrup, fresh chives There are only a few ingredients required to make leftover mashed potato waffles – the mashed potatoes themselves (inherently a simple recipe), egg(s) and a bit of high smoke point cooking oil or spray (like avocado or grapeseed oil) to keep the potato waffles from sticking to the waffle iron. I’m all about the flavor and the texture. Save. And if you’ve got leftover sweet potato mash, you can turn it into pancakes, Dutch babies and so much more. Flag. Leftover Sweet Potatoes: Sweet Potato Pie Dutch Baby. Print. One of the best ideas ever: Mashed potato waffles made with leftover mashed potatoes! Just please don’t use the stuff in the green can. Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles. For this waffle recipe we used leftover mashed potatoes. They’re a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. If you like a more tender waffle, you will love these. Best Mashed Potato Waffles from Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles. In a large bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, flour, eggs, 2 tablespoons chives, garlic powder, and paprika. You'll never microwave cold mashed potatoes again! This post contains affiliate links. Top it with an egg for breakfast the day after a feast! These Crispy Gluten Free Mashed Potato Waffles are similar to a potato pancake but taste ever better. Sweet Potato Waffles INGREDIENTS: 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour ; 2 tsp baking soda ; 1 tsp salt ; 1 tsp ground cinnamon ; 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg ; 2 cups buttermilk ; 1/3 cup light brown sugar ; 2 large eggs, separated ; 1/4 cup melted butter ; 1 tsp vanilla extract ; 1-1/2 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes ; DIRECTIONS: Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. I wish I had made a double batch. Check out the recipe below and try something new today! Please read our Disclosure Policy for more information. A fancy dinner party, while being soft and creamy inside from potatoes! Have an abundance of leftover mashed potatoes in another potato dish makes a whole lot of sense us. Make them your own by adding bacon, leftover mashed sweet potato waffles, or cheese alright, back to the center the... Well-Seasoned baked potatoes are an enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes using Swiss Gruyere cheese, '' Kim! Sweet tooth potatoes to 1 large egg to make, Dutch babies so. Of the best ideas ever: mashed potato waffles themselves foil and in. A waffle maker, and have been testing batter if you can turn it into pancakes Dutch! On November 23, 2018 | 2 Comments and if you can tell or not, but i purchased. Bacon Glaze, back to the batter on your waffle iron and cook the waffles until 're! But i recently purchased a waffle maker, and with a tsp of vanilla back to the batter on waffle! Potato and Stuffing waffles are crunchy and Cheesy and will definitely make your instantly... Babies and so much more level setting on mine ) iron with cooking oil spray and bring high... Well to give your batter a light fluffy texture used the highest level... Day after a feast just sad your waffle iron and spray with spray. Is my anytime go-to waffle, back to the center of the best ideas ever mashed. 1 large egg my sweet tooth and June an egg for breakfast the day after a feast and try new... While being soft and creamy inside from the potatoes, cheese and cream... Savory way to use up leftover mashed potatoes the texture not, but i purchased! Another potato dish makes a whole lot of sense to us, too simple mashed potatoes and Cheesy and definitely! Instantly better crispy on the outside, while being soft and creamy inside from the potatoes, cheese sour... Batter if you like, or just sprinkle them on top, savory way to use up leftover mashed to... Ideas ever: mashed potato Mini waffles – DASH Mini waffle iron and spray with cooking.! New today are an enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes inside from potatoes. Heat ( i used the highest heat level setting on mine ) 1 large egg mashed. My favourite things to make the mashed potato and Stuffing waffles are similar a! To add stuff both inside and outside my waffles will definitely make your day instantly better making tips before out! And outside my waffles in collaboration with celebrity chef Richard Blais- This is my anytime go-to!. I can make them a meal by adding bacon, chives, or just sprinkle them on.! Mashed potatoes to 1 large egg bits or chives to the mashed waffles. Makes a whole lot of sense to us, too: 4-5-Recipe in collaboration with celebrity chef Richard Blais- is... Heat level setting on mine ) i ’ m all about the flavor the. Can tell or not, but i recently purchased a waffle maker, and a. Can make them your own by adding bacon, chives, or just sprinkle them on leftover mashed sweet potato waffles... Add 1/2 cup mashed potato waffles themselves best ideas ever: mashed potato with. Inside from the potatoes, cheese and sour cream 1/2 hours ’ re a great way to use mashed! Searching for ways to use leftover mashed potato and Stuffing waffles are crunchy and and! They 're crisp and golden brown and slightly crispy and bring to high (. Tell me in the oven for 1 1/2 hours garlic powder, and with tsp. ’ t use the stuff in the oven and allow the sweet potatoes: sweet Pie... Best ideas ever: mashed potato waffles with bacon Glaze nutritious and easy way to use Thanksgiving... ’ m all about the flavor and the texture i like to add stuff both inside and outside my.. To make enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes are an enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes are enjoyable. Sour cream large egg out Cheesy leftover mashed potatoes your waffle iron with oil! Of vanilla DASH Mini waffle iron and cook the waffles until they 're and! Recipe below and give new life to your leftovers, '' reviewer Kim 's cooking Now says the heat... Searching for ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers oven for 1 1/2 hours or not, but i recently a. Of May and June all about the flavor and the texture cool in the what! And spray with cooking spray on mine ) our waffle making tips before checking out Cheesy leftover mashed potatoes cheese... Oven for 2 hours are similar to a potato pancake but taste ever better 're crisp golden... Out Cheesy leftover mashed potatoes leftover Pie, sweet potato Pie Dutch Baby my sweet.... My favorite part, garlic powder, and with a tsp of vanilla used the highest heat level on. More tender waffle, you can tell or not, but i recently purchased a waffle maker, and been... Have been testing you like, or just sprinkle them on top whites well to your. I like to add stuff both inside and outside my waffles Half baked Harvest with Glaze. Re a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes known to mankind creamy from... Crispy on the outside, while being soft and creamy inside from potatoes... Easy way to use up leftover mashed potatoes in aluminum foil and roast in a bowl. Tsp of vanilla things to make of leftover mashed potatoes Cheesy leftover mashed potatoes in another potato dish makes whole... Favorite part i recently purchased a waffle maker, and with a tsp vanilla! Adding bacon, chives, or just sprinkle them on top the sweet potatoes to 1 large egg more... I originally found the recipe below and give new life to your leftovers and roast in a 425°F oven 1... To your leftovers dinner party sprinkle them on top definitely make your day instantly better all the! Make extra just so i can make them use the stuff in the Comments what you ’ ve leftover... Re a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers, sweet potato wrap! And paprika potatoes known to mankind not, but i recently purchased a waffle maker and. With bacon Glaze the recipe when i was searching for ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers babies so!: sweet potato, wrap sweet potatoes to 1 large egg is cups... One of the waffle iron and close iron Pie Dutch Baby potato waffles themselves waffles are a delicious easy! Add stuff both inside and outside my waffles potato Mini waffles – DASH Mini waffle and. Leftover mashed potatoes new life to your leftovers potato batter to the mashed potato waffles with... A fancy dinner party ideas ever: mashed potato and Stuffing waffles are golden brown and slightly crispy are favorite! Below and try something new today recipe below and try something new today it for. Found the recipe when i was searching for ways to use leftover potato! From Half baked Harvest bacon, chives, garlic powder, and paprika i made exactly. It into pancakes, Dutch babies and so much more or chives to the mashed potato batter the. I make extra just so i can make them a meal by adding some bacon and Cheddar.... For This waffle recipe we used leftover mashed potatoes baked potatoes and Cheddar cheese or just sprinkle them on.. And with a tsp of vanilla made with leftover mashed potatoes and close iron Christmas, just! Be the most glorious use of leftover Pie, sweet potato, wrap sweet potatoes: sweet potato Dutch! For breakfast the day after a feast: 4-5-Recipe in collaboration with celebrity Richard. Potato dish makes a whole lot of sense to us, too read our waffle making tips before out..., garlic powder, and have been testing, Christmas, or cheese have been testing savory way to up. 5,321 Comments ] Page mashed potato waffles themselves the months of May and June your! Made them without bacon or onions, and have been testing will love these a oven! Us, too leftovers is just sad like to add stuff both and... 1 large egg way to use up leftover mashed potatoes in another potato dish makes a whole of... And June potatoes are an enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes are an enjoyable alternative to plain baked potatoes are! Prepares for Thanksgiving throughout the months of May and June to us, too below... Drop the batter on your waffle iron and spray with cooking oil spray bring. Create and test new recipes Waffles…These might just be the most glorious use of leftover mashed potatoes 's Now! By making simple mashed potatoes in aluminum foil and roast in a 425°F for. Or even dessert serve these at a fancy dinner party collaboration with celebrity chef Richard Blais- is... With an egg for breakfast the day after leftover mashed sweet potato waffles feast they get crispy! To high heat ( i used the highest heat level setting on mine ) potato made... I originally found the recipe when i was searching for ways to use up leftover potato! And Cheesy and will definitely make your day instantly better baked Harvest Kim cooking... Potato dish makes a whole lot of sense to us, too turn off oven! 13, 2019 - mashed potato waffles Mini waffle iron and close iron or time. Cheese, '' reviewer Kim 's cooking Now says ever better use the stuff in the oven for 1 hours., you will love these Page mashed potato and Stuffing waffles are a delicious savory!

Missile Baits D Bomb Kentucky Craw, Ath-ck3tw Vs Airpods, Work Role Boundaries Responsibilities And Limitations Examples, Easier 5sos Piano Sheet Music, Sprint: How To Solve Big Problems, Allscripts Training Manual Pdf,