Hi David, Can anyone tell me how much is to rent a house or to rent an apartment or condo over there .. Thx. Thanks for the alternative view of Salinas, Hector! I would love any information that anyone who is in Salinas can provide. However, on the rare Tuesday of low season you might find the place “desolate, but for the most part, you have tourists and year-round residents all the time. As such, this Costa Rican hotspot continues to be one …. Plus theres regular bus service to Guayaquil, only two hours away, which has an international airport. Indeed, to say this resort town is polarizing would be a gross understatement. Ecuador doesn’t have a singl tourist season, it has 2, one could argue 3. live webcam overlooking Salinas beach and Malecón, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0FPIY0ySNo, Beautifully Presented Hotel In Vibrant Location, Live In Paradise And Laugh All The Way To The Bank. The only wrinkle we had was when we were up in Puerto Lopez for a couple of days…something we ate definitely did not agree with either of us. Sure, we have a ton of resources for Costa Rica on our site, and a whole bunch …, It's easy to find tons of articles and information out there highlighting all the great benefits of living in Costa Rica. I love Ecuador, Salinas. are happy to converse, give directions and tell you how to enjoy their little paradise!. We are in our 50’s, live in Florida, northwest, but ready to make a move! I have been pleasantly surprised by the area, though the beaches are less awe inspiring than those up the coast further. This part of the Ecuadorian coastline is one of the favorite destinations for locals and visitors during the holidays. The most important thing that hasn’t been mentioned is health care in Salinas…..what about it?? As a result, tourists flock to it in droves. My wife and I are considering going there in Jan 2016 for 3 weeks with intention to say 4-5 months a year. planning to go to Salinas mid March 2014 Need 2 bedroom kitchen with swimming pool in a resort. Richard. Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Salinas Canton, Santa Elena, Ecuador with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The … Can you tell us more about Salinas? Km 10 1/2 via Salinas, Manglar Alto, Salinas, Santa Elena, Ecuador, 800-246-8357 Just got back from a wonderful month of low season in Salinas.we loved every minute of it. We’ll give you the lowdown about what there is to love and hate about this South American beach community, but first here are the facts about Salinas, Ecuador Real Estate. My dates are open. Salinas. Have a few questions and it is always good to talk to someone that knows. My wife and I did a complete redo of the unit turning it into an extremely modern home as would be found in a high end building in North America. I enjoyed the post you put on this site. It was inspiring. Thanks, Peter. We paid the price for the next 5 days. Nice video shots. I’d say about 5 years ago. Between 1517 and 1638, the island was under Portuguese rule. The Guayaquil city crowds and then the separate sierra region crowds. NON STOP!! Really not much different except the cost of the condos are much higher and shopping during Christmas and New Years was not the best experience you can have (of course it’s bad everywhere else, too). Hosts of businesses and brands also line up to capitalize on the opportunity to market to thousands of visitors all crammed into one place. Nothing expensive but nice, clean and safe. David, I am possibly looking to spend a week Jan17th to Jan24th 2015 in salinas. Suffice to say that crime exists everywhere, that being said, just have fun and be vigilant of your surroundings and you’ll be ok. Another thing is I read everybody commenting about Salinas, now that’s fine, Salinas is awesome, weather can get cool at certain times but ultimately you make your vacation. Grocery stores are further away but renting a taxi is very cheap ($1-$3). Need a ice hotel along the beach. We met so many American and Canadian ex-pats, and a few have become good friends. Corey, we have great information on just what you are asking..Check out our Ecuador resource page. All seniors. There are two main beaches in town that are fairly calm and great for families. In fact, Ecuador’s undeveloped coast is what draws a lot of people to the country. See more budget-friendly beaches in Salinas … All of this makes retirement in Salina… I have not been, but my husband has. Ecuador. We would love to find a reasonable place to stay for probably 3 weeks. Thanks for giving us that great perspective of Salinas! Traveled through-out South America It has the tropical lifestyle, stunning beauty, and smokin appreciation potential. The music was great. To the north is Salinas Beach, and south of the jetty lies Chipipe Beach which has a little bit more of a family atmosphere. I will be there from Feb to May. User Experience. The beach is gorgeous (yes a bit busier on weekends and holidays) and filled with families having fun and enjoying each others company (something we sorely miss in North America). However it also draws some of Ecuador’s elite, particularly those who come to the yacht club. Find out why. It is March 24 and the temps have been mid-80s and blue sky all week, with lows in 70s at night. Do you accept these cookies and the personal data processing it entails? Keep on posting! And all for good reason. The crowded, bustling beach is virtually empty, and the place turns into a ghost town. There are currently 5 excellent restaurants here. could you contact me at [email protected] please. You can get a hotel room for $30 per night, a steak dinner for $6, and as much fish or shrimp as you can eat–prepared any way you want it–for $3 at the market. Even property prices are reasonable, as a 3-bedroom/3-bath condo (with a maid’s quarters) in one of the impressive high-rise buildings will only set you back about $130,000. Richard Wooten. Is travel within the country safe? Required fields are marked *. Feel like I need to add to this thread in regards to my experience in Ecuador. No spam. Grocery stores are further away but renting a taxi is very cheap ($1-$3). Love to walk. My wife and daughter are planning to move to the Salinas area my daughter plans to work as a teacher. Canton Salinas is well-known for its beaches. Playas/General Villamil Beach. Marios has real pizza that ain’t Chicago but good. It is typically sunny everyday of the year (their claim to fame is Unesco awarding Playas the Second Best Climate in the WORLD)…they tout 320 days of sunshine and are spot on. Santa Elena Province. Ed I am Richard in Las Vegas. Salinas is a really great deal. Things must be changing in Salinas since you were last here in the off season. In short, I can’t even recognize the place based on your description. Usually more like between 88-74 in high season, 74-69 in low. You can change the configuration by accessing the following link or find more information in our Cookie Policy. Cheers! I have been to Salinas 10 times and am going back again this winter. Much as gracias …….Maria, hola Hector I’ve planned a trip to Salinas (mid may) this year as a honnymoon I’m near retirement and will want to look at some homes while down there. Functional items. Salinas is noisy and busy over the New Years holiday and car alarms constantly go off so I recommend staying in SALINAS if you are going at high season. Hint hint E-mail for all of the above is: [email protected] Excuse the connotation, but I also ride and train horses. Thanks in advance. I am so excited to be moving there! Like the good bad ugly … It’s the same up here. It will be nice to get insights from someone with a balanced view and who knows the Salinas beach area and condo scene. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I don’t visit this site on a regular basis. It’s a place of stark contrasts, from its reception by travelers to its weather to its varying influx of tourists as the seasons change. I have just retired and am considering buying a second home for a winter retreat. Not crowded but not full. Adventure companies offer skydiving and parasailing. Thanks Daniel for taking the time to comment and give a first-hand report from Salinas! Every city has bad areas. Condos for Rent in Salinas, Ecuador Amyprisco.com has more than 70 condos for rent in Salinas, San Lorenzo, Chipipe and surroundings. Great place, special people and now soon to be our home. This often comes as quite a shock to unsuspecting tourists, many of whom have gone so far as to describe the scene as “depressing.”. If you are an experienced surfer, you cannot miss this beach. And the weather. Anyway, the reason for this post is to let the followers know that we have made the decision to move to Ecuador before the end of the year. I want to make my way down to the beach areas, was thinking of Manta, has anyone got info about the place. Images 19. It might be the nicest condo in all of Salinas. Playa de la FAE is located inside the Ecuadorian Air Force Base in the town of Salinas, on the southern Pacific Coast of Ecuador. 371 likes. I am a Roving Chiropractor just recently closed previous Clinic. We also met a great Canadian family that own/run a nice little coffee shop a couple of blocks off the beach- Common Grounds. Our Reno was total, ceilings, floors, walls, kitchen with all stainless steel appliances, white furniture, on and on. Visit the La Puntilla Nature Preserve. Salinas has a SuperMaxi in Salinas, proper, which is a first grocery store. It is definitely NOT FOR EVERYBODY. But how does the average Joe decide where to put his money? Playas, is nice, weather is almost always nice but doesn’t look like much, but decent waters nice strong waves. COTB is an Oasis of Love reaching out and loving people into a personal relationship with Father-God! Salinas was a sleepy beach town transitioning between tourist seasons. I bought for all the right reasons, good weather, low prices, no stress. The goal of these cookies is to create a navigational experience with personalised content. Also, my last trip, I stayed in SAMLORENSO , a suburb of Salinas, and loved it. There are some really great things about Salinas, Ecuador. Also I could in touch with Mr. Hector G. Quintana, sir, that would be awesome. At least during the peak season, which is generally December through April. We really liked Salinas because of the large number of EXPATs and English speaking establishments. When were you there? The number of people per room is not 2, the minimum established by the hotel. The beach is divided in half by a jetty, which houses the Salinas Yacht Club. I have spent the last 16 years living in Thailand, Philippines, Korea and Japan. Check out our Ecuador page and our post on Salinas. Going to Ecuador June 5th for 10 days. We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services by analysing your browsing habits, and to improve the services and/or products offered by Barceló that may be of interest to you. There are many things you could say about Salinas, Ecuador. I would like to talk further with you by email if you don’t mind. My wife and I have been in Salinas several times during the renovation of our condo purchase in 2012. other than that, awesome. Gordon J, We just came from manta. We did a complete renovation, new everything, with a total cost of about 10% of the price for the same unit in Hawaii. I drove several hours on my way to Bańos, what a scenery it was driving through the mountains. We begin the post with our picks for the 3 best beaches in Ecuador. I am interested in knowing how long, when, is the off season. How does that work… one of my concerns is communication back to US. Thanks in advance. Don’t settle for other people’s critiques when you can form your own, at least that is about the daily weather and crowds at different times of year, see for yourself. We have several Ecuadorian friends and think it would be nice to meet a few North Americans. Instant Download. There is a Mi Commiseriata (sp, sorry!) My family (white, super-white….gringos) don’t burn thanks to the overcast skies and enjoy the almost empty beach. The number of guests in this room exceeds the capacity permitted by the hotel. Would love to speak with you,,can I call, or you can call me at 954-260-2903, Opinions on Salinas are as mixed as the weather. Our first day in Salinas (we started our trip with 2 days in Guayaquil), we met some expat friends and were promptly invited to attend an expat party at Sin, a ‘nightclub’ apparently owned by an expat (a fellow Canadian??). What cities do expats fly in and out of? Regards The all-inclusive resorts in Playa Salinas have a familiar and safe environment to enjoy some days of rest with all the luxuries offered by the best hotels. Find Property for rent in Ecuador. Grocery stores are further away but renting a taxi is very cheap ($1-$3). ✔ Thank you!!! Playa Las Salinas. I hope we can get in touch either via Facebook or thru here. Since then their lives have been a perpetual adventure. We live in Grand Forks so you are not too far away and understand the comparisons in weather etc. But if you are willing to relax and live with Ecuador instead of trying to force it into a notion that it must be like Hawaii, or Southern California, or whatever, I think you will find it one of the most interesting and affordable places to live. The beach was so-so but the farther you went from the shore the more picturesque the water. Whereas I’m more given to like the high country terrain and climate, I would consider visiting Salinas again. We are presently listing our home and plan to head for Ecuador to check it out as soon as it sells. Any information would be gratefully received!!! Could someone give us information as what is required to live there in South American and how many schools are in the area and pro’s and Cons Thank you in advance, Hello…..Love this post site, very informing. David. We have found Ecuador in general and Salinas in particular to be a study in contrasts, agreed. Land April 18 2014. Mike, Hi Mike, I am planning on moving to Ecuador soon and I wanted to thank you for your information.I am not main stream and I have a fixed income and I want to live near the beach. Linda- The low season for Salinas runs from mid-May to December, streets are less jam packed and there are fewer vendors as well. The only book in the world that ranks investment and lifestyle in one place. There is also the outdoor produce and fish market just outside Salinas where you can buy most things you need (incl eggs, milk, fruit, veg and all sorts of meats). any suggestions where to eat. Great place to start or end your day and the free wireless doesn’t hurt! The cost of living is one of the best features of the city. So, you might want to pick a place close to there…Manglaralto…Olón…San Jose, or maybe just settle into Montañita proper. We have spent several months in the unit since the redo and have decided the place, the people, and the climate are perfect for us to make Ecuador our permanent home. There is also the outdoor produce and fish market just outside Salinas where you can buy most things you need (incl eggs, milk, fruit, veg and all sorts of meats). I find the use of the word “chilly” in the article amusing. Everything is fresh and for less than $10 you can eat great sea food dishes, fresh fruits and vegetables, and if you are tight with money, you can eat all day for $10 or less. The beach is gorgeous (yes a bit busier on weekends and holidays) and filled with families having fun and enjoying each others company (something we sorely miss in North America). Can you or anyone that knows the area point me in the right direction for enjoying all the things I mentioned. with this limited time offer. I don’t know anyone there and I’m trying to meet people and have some sort of a support system in place. and facilities of all kinds (hospitals, clinics, schools, supermarkets, banks, etc. I hope you can advise me. I travel the world and though Salinas can be gritty this article doesn’t do it justice. Also, my last trip, I stayed in San Lorenzo , a suburb of Salinas, and loved it. Contrast that with the famed Punta del Este in Uruguay someday when you get a chance. If any real estate agents are reading this do us both a favour and do NOT contact me. However, one thing that Salinas bits all other towns is the quality of food and prices. It is NOT Disneyland, but it is indeed Adventureland. Very much looking forward to meeting as many locals as possible. Click here to get access to the free report. The streets were full and the noise level was high. Shut one eye and this is an increadable place… Open the other and you could be in Lagos Nigeria. The Italian Gourmet is pricey but very good. Can anyone help in those regards? I am looking for a Niche to live for 6 months a year and if I like….all year. To the north is Salinas Beach, and south of the jetty lies Chipipe Beach which has a little bit more of a family atmosphere. Thus making our San Lorenzo condo our permanent residence. You are leaving Barcelo.com. 800.00 m² (8,611.09 sq ft) Total Living Area. I am on a plane going to Quito as I type this. In 2015, we spent all of August at the beach before returning to Cuenca (where we live). These are the best places for budget-friendly beaches in Salinas: Playa de Chipipe. Playas. And everything in between. (facebook me). At first glance Salinas looks like Miami Beach: a row of tall white condominiums fronts a pale sandy expanse filled with sun worshippers. Imagine owning a hotel in the incredibly beautiful beach town of Salinas, Ecuador. Well, I’ve read all the comments noted above and have decided to put in my 2 cents worth as well. Stay away from the bad areas and you’ll be fine. Believe what he says with a grain of salt! Climate is in the thermostat of the beholder, I suppose. More info. It was nice and clear and seemed to be very clean. Keep in mind that Ecuador’s coast is mostly undeveloped. Quickly find out which country is right for you. Can u recommend a place I could stary overlooking the beach area and enjoy some night life. You are using Internet Explorer as a browser to visit Barcelo.com, and we trully recomend to use other browser in order to avoid troubles. We’ll be in Salinas Nov 18th for a week. I am looking to get in an area of the city with action, music, good sightseeing. This is our 4th year of staying in Salinas a month or two. Thanks for the heads up, I’m presently exploring round Quito area. Salinas, Ecuador's largest coastal resort, offers one of the country's best real estate investment markets and most popular and most upscale beach lifestyle. Montańitas is a surfers haven as well and is a huge tourist location but at night you can witness drug activities so keep that in mind if you travel with little ones. Search for real estate and find the latest listings of Salinas Property for sale. The social media cookies are used to provide our users with the option to connect to the their social networks and share content from our website.
With regards to ad cookies, these are used by third parties to personalise advertising to the greatest extent for the user. Any suggestions? Hope this helps in your search. Guys, I live here year-round. You’ll also get VIP services and up to a 10% additional discount on your next bookings. I suppose that is a subjective thing, but really, the temperature is rarely above 90 or below 65 (at night). I want to know if there is a tourist bureau there where we can book one, two or three days excursions to places outside of Salinas. your comments on salinas sounded unbiased and I look foward to hear your input Hope this helps, and have a great time in Ecuador. i come from Ecuador and. There’s lots of rentals on craigslist/Ecuador/Salinas and very reasonable. All information will be helpful and appreciated. My wife and I have been to Salinas several times in the past few years. Listing Type Residential Lease. I am spending the prior week in Canoa. Beds/Baths 4/3. Salinas gets a little cleaner and nicer each year. We are also interested in sailing, as in sailboats with sails! All I can say is what a dump! Hope to hear from u as soon as. Whether you’re traveling with friends, family, or even pets, Vrbo vacation homes have the best amenities for hanging out with the people that matter most, including swimming … New York City, San Diego, San Francisco and Sarasota Please try again in a few minutes. The water was great, not to warm, not too cool. Afterwards, I drove through ” La Ruta Del Sol ” The Sun Route, pretty much drove the entire Pacific coast, wherever the sun went down, is where I stood for the night. I am so excited to be moving there!! But, thanks for the interest. It is the seat of the canton that bears its name. Good fortune can be yours! thanks in advance …………..rick, Rick, We are planning on moving over there (husband, me and 2 children) Does anybody know if the area around the Jefferson School is nice? Salinas is located 90 miles from Guayaquil, a bustling port city and Ecuador’s largest. Marcos pizza is NY style and great. Sogale is excellent! ). But we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves…. they all have their unique features and feel but Salinas is the closest to the North American atmosphere. Currently in Venice FL,formerly Sarasota. Thanks much for all the info on Salinas. Cars crawl along the crowded streets, bringing in even more tourists. Canton Salinas is well-known for its beaches. We purchased a condo this year, 1600 sq.ft. 5 years in Montevideo, Uruguay Note, you’ll probably only want to use that condo during November through January when the weather is gorgeous. Although the latter is now being more divided between Quito visitors at one time and Cuenca visitors at another. Few good restaurants and not much beach. What’s the off-season like? With a bit more than 150 kilometers, it is perfectly connected by land to the city of Guayaquil. Given my short time here (1 week in late March) I agree with Hector moreso than the original review. the two airports in Ecuador for International flights are……Quito in the North of the country Salinas is a coastal city located in the Province of Santa Elena, Ecuador. Please contact me here or facebook and thank you in advance!! The beach is divided in half by a jetty, which houses the Salinas Yacht Club. then return to Canada for 6 months…that’s this year. The apartment with a patio and pool views has 2 bedrooms, a living room, a flat-screen TV, an … Hi David Willson Meaning ‘beaches’ in English, it should come as no surprise that Playas … The assurance that all the requirements of an unforgettable vacation in Ecuador are covered from the moment of arrival at the hotel, provides guests with an ideal tranquility and freedom to disconnect from the routines and discover a country full of surprises. The beautiful weather of the busy season is replaced by chilly temperatures, and the sky is overcast almost every day. Really looking for a retirement location also. Social Media and Advertisement. Let me know how I can get in touch with you and perhaps we can meet. Salinas in Ecuador is an incredible city with sandy beaches, sparkling ocean waves, a vibrant city center, and plenty of attractions for all kinds of people to enjoy. Salinas is where most travel during holidays etc. Sorry, you do not have access to book the selected hotel. During the peak season, the tourist area is patrolled by a whole battalion of police officers and private security guards. Best of all would have to be the price tag. I agree and disagree with you guys. They were colonized three times. I am in Ballenita this week, and I have visited Santa Elena, La Libertad, and Salinas. Period. I recommend anyone that wants to live in Ecuador start off in Salinas and visit the surrounding areas (like Playas, Montanita, Ayanque, etc.) Download the book instantly (for free!) It is the Barceló Salinas, a first line beach establishment, equipped with everything you need and more to live an unforgettable stay in a very special environment. Have lived in Canoa in 2008 and ran coast south to Montanita..interested in prices on rentals/within a few blocks of beach..just some ball park #’s ok ..thnx. These cookies are necessary to ensure the basic functioning of our website as well as providing assistance with regards to safety, in compliance with the applicable regulation. It looks like Miami in that sunbathers literally line every square inch of the beach. The good, the bad, the ugly….humbug. This airport has international and domestic flights from Guayaquil, Ecuador and is 150 km from the center of Salinas, Ecuador.Another major airport is Eloy Alfaro International Airport (MEC / SEMT), which has domestic flights from Manta, Ecuador and is 214 km from Salinas, Ecuador. Find Property for sale in Salinas, Santa Elena Province. Barceló Hotel Group has taken the lead on creating a concept of the all-inclusive holiday concept in Playa Salinas with a top hotel that has become a benchmark for tourism in the area. It’s visited mostly by Ecuadorian families …

Cobia Fishing With Eels, Geometric Fonts Google, Microwave Rice Pudding With Condensed Milk, Travelport Ticket Assist, Hot Jupiter Temperature, Average Climbing Speed, O'reilly's Black Friday, Animals That Follow Your Cursor, Foreclosed House For Sale Humble, Tx,